Thursday, October 6, 2011

Old Mission Dam by Lee Loventhal


I was never adept at painting or sculpting, but when I took a photography class in 1985, a new door opened.  In a short time, I had learned enough to see that I finally had some potential to participate in the world of art.  Photography was something I had enjoyed ever since my parents gave me a Kodak Brownie Hawkeye at age ten. 

My photography stayed relegated to vacations during the 30 years I owned a plastics recycling business, but my skills improved.  In 2008, now retired, I joined the digital revolution and in 2010, I joined the PhotoArts Group in Escondido, CA.  This group exhibits throughout San Diego County giving me an opportunity to show my work.  I am pleased to be part of our group’s exhibit at Gallery 21.

Photography allows me to create images worldwide from places that excite me visually and emotionally.  I want to pass that enthusiasm on to my audience. My images are built from the use of lines, shapes, colors, and textures.  This is my art.  

www.loveleeimages.zenfolio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment