Sunday, October 16, 2011

Maastricht Memories by Sally Reis Vogt


One of the images I will be exhibiting in Gallery 21 is entitled Maastricht
Memories. It was taken in 2009 on a return visit to this beautiful city in the
southern tip of The Netherlands. My family has lived and traveled in this town
over the course of the last 20 years and I have photographed it extensively.
This particular scene is a cityscape on the River Maas and began as a ‘stitched’
panorama.

Recently, I took the Digital Darkroom class at Palomar College and learned about the newest ‘brushes’ available in Adobe’s CS5. The brushes palette has a huge number of options and the learning curve to master them is quite steep, however I decided to give it a try with this image that was quickly becoming one of my favorites. The resulting ‘painted’ imagery was printed on high gloss dye infused aluminum to give it further depth and interest. Maastricht Memories has received several awards and become one of my most treasured pieces.  

Maastricht Memories is also the title to the book I wrote chronicling my life in Maastricht over the last two decades.

Sally R. Vogt
sallyrvogt@cox.net

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sally, what an amazing image!! This caught my eye because my Grandfathers were both from the Netherlands - Vlissingen on my Dad's side and Groningen (up north) on my Mom's. I didn't know that you had roots there!

    ReplyDelete