Thursday, October 6, 2011

Scatter by Irv Lefberg



I became interested in photography as a ten year old when I received a gift of a Kodak Brownie box camera.  I immediately began taking pictures of animals at the Prospect Park Zoo in Brooklyn, New York, and was forever hooked.  At age 12, my best friend and I assembled a darkroom in the bathroom of my home, which unfortunately did not please my mother.  I continued taking photographs as a hobby for the next 40 years, while pursuing a career in economics.  When digital photography and photographic software became available, I started an on-the-side business as a photographer.  Since retiring last year and moving from Washington to San Diego, photography has become a profession. 

My greatest thrill as a photographer is to realize that my work will hang in someone’s home or office and bring them joy for many years.  I love to combine photography with hiking.  At these times, I am completely transported to a place both peaceful and serene. 


No comments:

Post a Comment