Wednesday, October 12, 2011

David Lenhert's Latest Work


I am part of the exhibition at Gallery 21 with two photographs I took of Grand Staircase at Escalante National Monument, but I just returned from a vacation and photography trip to Hawaii where I took over 2 thousand images, so I wanted to share an image from the trip.  Most were on the Big Island and a fair number on Kauai.  It will be weeks before I’m caught up and can edit the selections.  With each trip to the Big Island I hope to be able to fill my camera frame with red lava from Kilauea.  Either dripping into the ocean or bursting forth like a fountain. 


I was able to balance the foreground light of the Kilauea caldera and still capture the Milky Way in the sky.  I had recently read about a recommended formula for determining how long I could leave the shutter open before star trails would become apparent: Start with the number 700 and divide it by the focal length of the lens.  

Come to our reception for more details.  Or you can visit my blogspot. 
David Lenhert

No comments:

Post a Comment