Thursday, October 6, 2011

My World by Tom Rossi




I got interested in photography when I retired from a career in graphic design.  Needing a way to continue expressing myself visually, I signed up for a photography class and got hooked.
I am a storytelling photographer.  I pick a subject based on how it captures my heart.  But the designer in me looks for interacting shapes and contrasts in tones and textures.  Both of my images in this show are about mood and movement.  In My World the stallion is king of his world.  He is contemptuous and aggressive and powerful in his movement.   

Currently, I am shooting a series called LA626.  Having lived in Los Angles for 23 years, I have decided to shoot parts of that huge city from 6 am to 6 pm – people and abstracts mostly.

No comments:

Post a Comment