Thursday, September 22, 2011

Curator Statement, Bob Barry

It was gratifying to select the images from the group of entries and have the resultant book (thanks to Theresa Jackson) and exhibition fuse into a pleasurable aesthetic experience. We three judges had minimal dissent in making the choices and the show came together rather easily; like the cream rising to the top.

In viewing art, I am stimulated by things that give me goose bumps, make me laugh, tear at the heart, stimulate thought, or simply show me something that amazes me. The heart of the matter is that it is an artist’s viewpoint, their voice that opens possibilities for the audience to learn and experience.

Thanks to the photographers who submitted work and shared their creativity.

Bob Barry

www.robertbarryphoto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment